Thursday, December 15, 2011

White Christmas?

My relationship with snow has definitely been a roller coaster throughout the years. When I was little there was no better news than the weatherman predicting 6 to 8 inches of snow because that meant the possibility of a snow day. And when snow days did happen, when you were little it meant you could run over to your friends houses and build snow forts and have snowball fights until you couldn't feel your face. Then once I got my drivers' license, snow became a huge nuisance. I still remember driving 15 mph along Walled Lake trying not to go skidding into the water on my way to school. In college, snow still sucked. There were no snow days, even when it snowed over 10 inches. Walking to class in the snow was the worst. Cold toes, cold noses, cold ears just to sit boiling hot in class for 2 hours, then walk all the way back home. Now that I'm in Chicago and working 5 minutes from my front door, I welcome snow with open arms. I can't wait to see the city covered in it. Snow and I are back on good terms and I need a white Christmas. Make it happen, Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment