Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago

If you tried to tell me I've only been in Chicago for 10 days I'd laugh in your face and tell you to learn how to count. Turns out that's exactly how long I've been here. I absolutely cannot believe it. It seems like I've lived here for at least a month. I don't know if that means that I've acclimated well to life in the Second City or that I have a terrible sense of time, but it's still mind-boggling. I have eaten deep-dish pizza (sorry, Chicago, but Buddy's beats Lou Malnati's hands down) and a few other Chicago-y things, but there are still a few quintessential Chicago things I haven't done yet that need to happen stat:

1. The Bean.

I've been to Chicago at least a dozen times and I've still never seen the thing. I'm not that mad about it, but I'd at least like to nonchalantly walk by just to say I have.

2. Blackhawks game

I went to a Red Wings-Blackhawks preseason game in Detroit and, through all the chirping and shit-talking, I had an amazing time. I'd love to not be yelled at through a game, so seeing the Blackhawks at home is definitely a priority.


3. Molly's Cupcakes

Maybe not quintessential, but I've heard so much about these goddamn cupcakes I think I need to have one like yesterday. 


There's a few other stupid things on my list, like running through O'Hare like the McAllisters and going to a celeb-chef restaurant (top of my list: Frontera). But for now those are the big 3.

Am I missing anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment