Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Post, Extra Sauce

So I'm moving to Chicago and I decided to start a blog about it. Not really about physically moving, that would be one post: "Moving sucks when you drive a Honda Civic." This blog is going to be more about life in general, commenting on stuff, sports, CTA hilarity, etc. Before I start dazzling you all with my wit and humor, I feel like I should introduce myself. I don't know why, but it seems rude not to.

I'm 23, grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and, like I said, am in the process of moving to Chicago. In 2 weeks I'll be unemployed (by choice) which sort of sucks, but I'm working on it, I swear. I love love love sports. Baseball (Tigers), hockey (Blackhawks), football (Lions and Spartans), basketball (Bulls, Spartans), curling, (yeah, curling. I once skipped class in college to watch curling with my roommate but that might have had more to do with the hangover I had than the sport), pretty much anything I can root for I will.  If that makes me a "guys' girl" or "not girly," whatever. I also drink beer and laugh at bathroom humor. I'm a 15 year old boy. Sue me. I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies, and I could live on Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack, bagels and pasta if it wouldn't make me 345 pounds. That's pretty much me, so...there's that.

Now that I've gotten through a little about who/what I am, here's what this blog won't be. This won't be a diary. I don't do anything that particularly interesting, so I won't bore you with the details of my life unless I like, make out with Patrick Kane at Sluggers or something. I won't talk about boy drama (mostly because it's nonexistent at the moment). I have a roommate, girlfriends, and my mom for that. And I definitely will try not to make annoying spelling mistakes. I know how to use their/they're, then/than, to/too/two and all of the other homonyms or homophones or whatever they are, I just can't remember what they're called.

So, that's what I'm about. Hope you stick around.

PS: Big ups to @MSUBlackSheep for inspiring the name of this blog. Go follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment