Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Brain is a Weird, Weird Place

These are the kinds of stupid things that keep me up at night. Last night, after the Tigers sucked it up and couldn't beat the Bronx Bitches, my brain decided it wanted to think of the best movies that included time travel. Don't ask why, it's just the weird stuff that my brain likes to think about while I'm trying desperately to shut it down for the night. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

5. Blast from the Past
Okay, technically this isn't time travel, but it's really the closest anyone could get to travelling to a different time without impossible technology. Plus, Brendan Fraser is amazing in this movie. This was before he did like 8 "Mummy" sequels. He looked a little puffy in that last one, too. Shame.

Fraser


4. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Duh. A hot young Keanu Reeves and that other guy from The Lost Boys? Done and done.
Hotness


3. A Kid in King Arthur's Court
I put this movie on here for almost pure nostalgia value. It came out when I was like 7 and I absolutely loved it. But when I went back to look at who was in it I was absolutely shocked. Kate Winslet, Daniel Craig, and the actor who for some reason dominates my DVD collection: Thomas Ian Nicholas. This guy is everywhere. He was the Rookie of the Year, my favorite character in the American Pie series, and he was all over 90s TV. They apparently did a sequel to this movie called "A Kid in Aladdin's Palace". I'm sure it was amazing.


2. Groundhog Day
I'm really not sure if this qualifies as time-travel, but technically Billy Murray goes back in time 24 hours like a hundred times. Whether it counts as a time travel flick or not, it's one of my top 5 all-time favorites, so it's going on this list anyway.

1. Back to the Future
I was honestly thinking about making this the top 3, listing each part in order from worst to best (which, by the way, is 3, 1, 2. 3 was the old West one, right?), but I couldn't think of enough movies for a top ten, and 3 out of a top 5 is a little obnoxious. This movie, for me, is the quintessential time travelling movie. It has an off-the-wall scientist, an even more off-the-wall time machine, and the always amazing, incredibly adorable Michael J Fox.


This is what I do at night between the hours of 11 and 1. I need a boyfriend. Or a white noise machine.

PS: Blackhawks hockey starts in 2 days and I could not be more stoked about it. Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment