Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moving On...

Today is my last day of work and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I'm mostly happy to never have to come to this fluorescent-lit Sartrean version of hell again, but I'm partly beyond anxious because I'm about to be broke as a joke.

Alright, that's enough about emotions. Let's talk about SVU. No, seriously, I have a question about Law & Order: SVU. I guess it's not specifically about everyone's favorite cop drama marathon, but cop shows in general. How do they know how to spell every single name? Someone on the phone or across the room will give Olivia Benson a name of a suspect or witness or whatever and she'll type it into the computer and up pops that person, but it's always spelled right. I'm pretty sure there's about 80 ways to spell the name Lauren Summers, but Benson gets it right on the first try. It's something that's always bugged me about the show. I mean, what if it was spelled Lauryn Somers? Would they have ever solved the case? What if it's a guy named Loren Sommers? That's even farther off. I guess it's a weirdly specific pet peeve, but it actually bothers me every single time. But I still watch every Tuesday, so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment